1. Please give us a brief introduction of yourself.
I have spent all my career in retail both in fashion and foods. I have a keen interest in fashion and indeed fashion for food.
2. Why did you decide to buy a bespoke suit?
I treated myself to my first bespoke suit back in the late 80s. I just fancied the idea of something properly made-to-measure and, although some of the big retailers (including my old alma mater Marks & Spencer) make some fantastic off the peg suits, there is something just a little different about a ‘customized’ fit.
3. How has your dress code changed since lockdown?
Lockdown has changed the dress code for everyone although it is fair to say the move away from formal dressing has been going on for a long time. There are very few places where formal dress is a must and indeed even the House of Lords has excused us wearing ties. Post-lockdown, having had a prolonged period of casual dressing I am now quite enjoying ‘dressing up’ again.
4. Will you change the way you dress after lockdown?
Working arrangements will change and I suspect the formal casual mix will continue to change in favour of casual, although I see a real opportunity for smart/casual tailoring.
Unrelated to tailoring….
5. What do you miss most that you have taken for granted before lockdown?
Freedom to do what I want when I want.
6. What has been the latest addition to your daily routine?
Too much screen time whether it’s Zoom or Microsoft Teams etc.
7. What has kept you sane during these bleak times?
Exercise and a good glass of wine – the former before the latter..